Understanding and documenting existing IBM Cognos TM1 models can be a time-consuming process. Further, when making changes to complex models, it is challenging to fully understand the implications of these changes to ensure issues or inaccuracies won’t arise. Having made the changes, documentation must be also updated – incurring effort better spent on creating new models or analyzing the resultant data.
QUBEDOCS MAKES DOCUMENTING IBM COGNOS TM1 EASY
QUBEdocs enhances Cognos TM1 by adding a new dimension of visibility and information governance. Developed by leading TM1 specialist and IBM Premier Business Partner, Cortell NZ, QUBEdocs is a proven solution for addressing the everyday challenges of IBM Cognos TM1 analysts and developers. By delivering meaningful documentation of TM1 models, it virtually eliminates many of the timeconsuming tasks (and overheads) associated with managing and making risk-free changes to TM1 models.
KEY CHALLENGES IN MANAGING IBM COGNOS TM1 MODELS INCLUDE:
- Understanding complex models and their dependencies
- The effort involved in documenting models for different user types such as analysts and developers
- Performing impact analysis before making changes to reduce risk of errors and data loss
- Tracking these changes to maintain up-to-date, dependable documentation that meets corporate governance requirements
- For the IT team, providing effective support for TM1 implementations and users